We have proudly served our communities for 128 years and we remain focused on the philosophy t hat banking is, first and foremost, about the people we serve and t hat serving others is a privilege.
This year Legend Bank was named as a #4 Best Bank to Work For in the Nation by the American Banker and the #22 Best Company to Work for in Texas. We are proud of this recognition and are honored that our employees evaluated us with such high regard.
We are looking for employees that take pride in fulfilling the mission to serve others. If you want to connect with your community through our history and legacy, please inquire about a position that would be a good fit for you.
- Loan Assistant - Sherman
- Teller - Decatur
- Part Time Teller - Bowie, Monday – Friday 10:30 am – 3:30 pm, plus every other Saturday, 8:00 am – noon, Bilingual preferred
Submit Your Resume
If you are interested in submitting your resumes we'd love to hear from you. Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org , attention Jacqueta Moore. Mrs. Moore can also answer any questions you may have about our available positions or our culture.
The Loan Assistant is responsible for supporting loan officers and lending department in administering operational aspects of assigned lending relationships and customer service to lending customers. The Loan Assistant processes and administers existing loans in one or more of the following areas: consumer, commercial, and real estate loans.
- Assist lending officers with the administration and development of commercial banking relationships including daily interface with customers, other financial institutions and internal departments.
- Acts as direct contact with customers, Lender and Loan Operations through loan process. Performs a variety of customer service activities including responding to requests, researching discrepancies and resolving issues.
- Orders loan documentation though Loan Operations. Reviews the final documents noting proper rates, terms and conditions of the loan, ensures appropriate approvals and actions are taken for a successful loan closing.
- May assist the Lender with closings. Conducts a pre-closing and a post-closing file review and forwards the file to Central Loans for booking, scanning and filing.
- Manages the loan documentation pipeline by updating officer and borrower on loan status, ensuring timely preparation of the loan process.
- May be responsible for the servicing of loans, (e.g. payments, insurance, etc). Prepares payoff quotes and forwards to lenders and/or client.
- Monitors loans, partners with Lender to discuss past due ticklers and records documentation. Contacts clients to request financials on past due loans. Forwards financials to Analyst to spread.
- Research and coordinate resolution of routine account problems related to overdrafts, returned items, stop payments, etc.
- Provide basic secretarial support and coordinate reporting, report distribution and file management for lending officers.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- High School Diploma or the equivalent (GED)
- 3 years+ of customer service experience in a telephone and face-to-face environment
- 2 years+ of loan assistant or experience in banking or financial service environment preferred
- Proficient word processing and spreadsheet software experience
Provides teller services to include processing transactions such as deposits, withdrawals, and cashing checks. Utilizes knowledge and judgment to assure the validity of transactions processed. Must provide sincere, responsive customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greets customers and non-customers as they enter the bank. Accepts and verifies customer deposits; and processes loan payments. Cashes checks and processes less cash transactions within their authorized limit; obtains supervisor’s approval to process transactions which exceed their authorized limits. Follows procedures to avoid fraud (verify identification, mark up account, etc.).
- Safeguards and balances cash drawer to $0.00 outage each day. Maintains cash drawer limits as specified. Completes applicable logs and assists with all end of the day balancing procedures as applicable.
- Meets or exceeds all goals determined by retail management to include referrals, balancing, attendance and others as applicable.
- Follows compliance procedures of reporting applicable transactions such as CTRs, SARs, other monetary logs, Regulation CC holds, and internal audit procedures.
- Provides a consistent level of customer service in accordance with the standards determined by branch management and regulated by retail mystery shops.
- Maintains the security and confidentiality of pertinent information and records.
- Demonstrates flexibility in responding to additional duties, projects, or schedule changes as assigned or directed.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- High school education or equivalent required
- S ix (6) months to one (1) year cash handling/retail experience
Legend Bank is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.