Making banking more convenient for you is important to us!
Establishing automatic payments on your debit card is very convenient! They make monthly bills a lot easier to manage allowing you an easy way to pay merchants you owe on a recurring basis. However, if you've recently received a new VISA debit card due to a lost or stolen situation or your card expired, you can understand the hassle it can be to make sure all of your automatic payments are updated properly. That's why we recently enrolled our customer's debit cards in the VISA Account Updater (VAU) service.
When your Legend Bank debit card is reissued or you receive a new card, VISA will automatically send updated information on your new card, such as a new expiration date and/or card number to participating merchants in order to continue any automatic, recurring payments or automatic billings on your debit card.
This means less stress when your card is lost or stolen or is compromised due to potential fraud on your account.
With this service, you can now benefit from:
- Seamless transition from your current card to your new card
- Less headache updating your account number and expiration date associated with all of your automatic billings
- Less chance of a declined transaction on your automatic payments
- Uninterrupted service from merchants who are participating in this program.
Important things to know regarding thing service:
- Participation in VAU does not relieve you of the obligation to ensure that merchants have correct account information on file; failure to do so may result in a declined payment.
- Neither VISA nor Legend Bank can guarantee that account updates will be communicated to merchants prior to the next billing date.
- Merchants must be participating in this program to experience the seamless transition.
Thank you for banking with Legend Bank. It's our privilege to serve you!