Fraud & Scam Alerts
In a constantly changing world, your identity is our priority. We value security and safety for our customers in order to make the banking experience legendary.
Debit Card Phone Fraud Alert Recommendations
Cardholder awareness is key in combatting fraud. Should you receive any questionable calls, please make sure you do not provide personal information.
- Make sure you [the cardholder] initiate the contact, and the institution verifies your identity with questions only you would know.
- To verify whether a call is legitimate, call your bank or visit its website, using phone numbers or internet addresses from your bank statement or account documentation.
- Do not call back a number provided over the phone or click on a link in an email.
- Most communications will include something that will concern or excite the victim.
- If you have been the victim of a scam, file a complaint with your local law enforcement.
- Notify your financial institution.
Stop Identity Theft
How can someone steal your identity?
Identity theft occurs when someone uses your personal information such as your name, Social Security number, credit card number or other identifying information without your permission to commit fraud or other crimes.
Identity theft is a serious crime.
People whose identities have been stolen can spend months or years - and their hard-earned money - cleaning up the mess thieves have made of their good name and credit record. In the meantime, victims may lose job opportunities, be refused loans, education, housing or cars, or even get arrested for crimes they didn't commit.
To prevent being a victim of identity theft:
- Check your credit report annually
- Don't give out personal information
- Review your bills and statements on a regular basis
- Guard your mail and trash from theft
- Shred items that contain personal information
- Copy the contents of your wallet or purse
- Report lost or stolen checks or credit cards immediately
- For more information on preventing Identity Theft contact: www.ftc.gov/idtheft/